Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 28: Guano

At 9 in the morning, I swim my ritualistic 30 minutes at the local pool while embodying the new me. I work efficiently throughout the morning. My kids are off from school today, and summer is coming to an end. After lunch, I head to the beach with a handful of kids to savor what morsels of summer that remain. I read fortunes for the kids with my newly acquired Tarot cards, and immediately recognize talent in self, while the kids snigger along. The higher beings sympathize as they deposit guano on one of the skeptics. She shows excellent upbringing by refraining from uttering the obvious curse word. From up above, we must all look like targets asking for it.

Asking for it is not a bad thing. Just as many good girls do, I used to think that the good in me would be recognized and rewarded. But I have learned that if you desire recognition and reward, it is best to just ask for it. There is not much harm done by asking. The worst that can happen is that they say "no".

1 comment: