Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 26: One dollar

Today, the kids and I go to the San Francisco Conservatory. While we try to locate my son's violin teacher, my meter drains minutes. I have no more coins, so I give my daughter a dollar bill to be exchanged so that she can top off the meter. Half an hour later, we emerge from the building to find Aya leaning on the car with the dollar bill still in her hand. Apparently, nobody, including the traffic cop who came to give the car a ticket, had change for her. Luckily for me, Aya had the power to shoo the cop away. She reports that a couple of people told her she should not be begging in front of the building. That should teach her to dress up more regularly. It's interesting what impressions a dollar bill in the hand can provoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment