Friday, September 11, 2009

Day 18: The Good, Good Pig

I once read a book called "The Good, Good Pig". The story is about the life and death of a pet pig the size of a small U-Haul, and how he brought happiness to the people around him. Life is ultimately about how happy you are with who (or is it whom) you are and what you do. September 11th always reminds me of this. It could easily have been me in the World Trade Center. It could have been me in the planes. I was scheduled to be on a plane to Tokyo. Instead, I was able to go to school to pick my children up at 3 o'clock that afternoon, something that never happened before. My children were not among those at school who were told their parents were lost. 9/11 was the "reset button" that told me to think about the meaning of life. Life to me is not about doing the largest transaction ever, or being the richest person in the neighborhood. Life is about being happy, and therefore, spreading happiness to people around me. Maybe one day, people will remember me as "The Good, Good Person".

No comments:

Post a Comment