Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day 61: Tank top

How many people spent the day in a tank top today? I bet you there are not many. This is what I love about the Bay Area. While my friends in Japan are suffering from a typhoon, and New York is getting cold and depressing, I am walking around all day in a Calvin Klein tank top (3 for $19) and an $8.97 pair of pants bought at the Gap.

But, the swine flu is active. Half of my kids' class are out sick. I have a couple of kids that have succumbed, too. Seasoned parent that I am, I know it's a matter of time before I get it (although it may just be a stomach bug). Just in case, I infuse my body with alcohol, put ginger in every meal, and drink a lot of fluid.

A long time ago, when we lived in Toronto, I remember not catching a single cold. Rumor has it that it's too cold for the viruses.

No comments:

Post a Comment