Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 161: Try

As soon as I wake up, I turn on my PC. As soon as the PC starts, Skype calls. And from there, it is an endless stream of work. I have an assignment which is due tomorrow. Other than an errand mid-day and a quick break for lunch, I have been working non-stop. So have my partners. So has my husband. Entrepreneurs have to work like dogs. I now realize the sense of entitlement I had when I was an "employee". Yes, there were politics, there was an un-level playing field, there was hubris, hypocrisy, and a thick glass ceiling, but there was also a salary and benefits.

I am fortunate to have partners who try, try, try and never give up. I am fortunate to have a husband who tries and never gives up. I am fortunate to have kids who see this and learn about the value of trying and not giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment