Saturday, December 12, 2009

Day 109: Rain

Heavy rain continues all day. Our neighbors from across the street arrive for lunch drenched. We defy the cold with a big pot of coq au vin, and good wine, followed by creme brulee with berries on top.

My curiosity is satisfied as I learn that the beam I see in their house is a special light to chase away the seasonal blues. Apparently, there are some people who are genetically disposed to feel depressed when the weather is dark, cold and wet. I know, for sure, that I am quite susceptible. The past couple of days, I have felt rather down in the dumps. Winters in NY were also tough for me. One winter I spent in Toronto was almost unbearable.

To lift my spirits, I turn on the lights and warm up the room. I listen to music and talk to friends. Even then, I know that I am slightly down. I am so glad I don't live in Siberia or Norway. Hopefully, the clouds will lift tomorrow and bring out the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment