Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 148: Technology

It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring... Thanks to my ear plugs, I snored till the sun came up in the morning. By the time I got downstairs, the two high schoolers were gone to their bus stops in the downpour. Aya came home in the afternoon with her sneakers squishing away. Julien came home from rugby practice looking incredibly dry. Meanwhile, I venture out once when the rain stops to swing by the post office and then to get some bread, and otherwise stay put.

Email is great though - NY, Tokyo, Frankfurt, Singapore, San Jose, Santiago... Amazing how connected I can be. Friends, friends, everywhere. So great, so instant.

Tired of the rain, I book some tickets to the south of France for the summer. Cote d'Azur is beckoning. This reminds me of Google Earth. Once in a while, my kids and I zoom into places we know, just for fun. Google Earth manages to zoom into THE ping pong table the kids play on in France. If Google Earth can do this, I am a little worried about what the CIA, Interpol, KGB, M6, China and Austin Power can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment