Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 6: Machiavelli

A month ago, in preparation for my new life as an entrepreneur, I went for a lecture at Stanford. My former classmate, Jeannie, was the lecturer. The topic is Machiavellian and very much to my liking: how to make people do what you want them to do, even if you are not their boss. My takeaway is simple: you can't change people, so change yourself. I become a person, that you cannot resist wanting to help. For me to attain my goal, you will happily wade through crocodile-infested marshes, and jump from the Golden Gate Bridge. I think of this often. I experiment once in a while. Last time I tried this on a waiter, I ended up eating a veggie burger that I strongly disliked. I renew my vows today to keep trying. Soon, you will be cheering me on, as I claw my way up to satisfaction, I hope.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea but am not so sure that if I tried I could manage the things that you do!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete