Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 3: Parallel Universe

Santhosh and Sahir have prevailed. My external hard drive is now connected! Now I am back in business.

The last batch of my kids are back to school this morning, with backpacks stuffed with new school supplies, bus passes hanging on their straps.

It is a new beginning - I must celebrate with a 9 o'clock yoga class.

But, this is not to happen. Down on the main boulevard, cars are inching along bumper to bumper. This is the parallel universe of moms and dads driving their kids to school, unknown to worker bees like my former self.

An abrupt right turn takes me to another parallel universe, the swimming pool on a weekday morning. Serene water, super-fit regulars, no wailing babies and defiant young moms - simply superb.

There are allegedly thirteen mathematically proven dimensions. I wonder if I just entered one on them.

In the afternoon, the kids come home. My youngest is unhappy. He overheard someone in the bus say that "Well, he doesn't count." I think back to my career as a worker bee. How often did I feel like I didn't count?

In the evening, I go to yoga. No "moaning yoginis" there today. Lovely. On the way home, Billy Joel sings "My Life" - Simply divine. "I don't care what you say anymore, this is my life. Go ahead with your own life, leave me alone."

2 comments:

  1. I love how you write with lots of witty comments. I love the style and how everything you say is really enjoyable! Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you could add some more pictures?!

    ReplyDelete