Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 4: Time

Time is interesting. There are 24 hours to a day. I used to exchange 10 to 16 hours a day for a wage. In the remaining 8 to 14 hours, I cooked, ate, did my laundry, went grocery shopping, socialized, and slept (a lot). Now that I am an entrepreneur, I have 24 hours a day, to work, cook, eat, do my laundry, go grocery shopping, socialize and sleep. One would think I would be more relaxed about time. But, this is not so. Now, all 24 hours are mine. I don't have to give up hours in exchange for a wage. In fact, I have no wage, and that's why I have all 24 of the hours to myself. This makes me think of yoga. I used to have a 10-pack, but now I have unlimited access to classes for a set price. The incentives are reversed. The less I go, the less I benefit. Time is like that. The less I use it wisely, the less I benefit. Today, I find myself hopping out of bed at dawn, jumping into the pool at 7:30, buzzing here, buzzing there all day long, zipping between cars whenever possible, maximizing time. Next time I encounter a lunatic weaving through traffic at break neck speed, I may even honk my approval. Slow drivers will have to endure my words of encouragement. "Learn to drive, grandpa!"

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I like the Learn to drive, you moron!" part!

    ReplyDelete