Thursday, July 15, 2010

Productivity

You may all be wondering what is up with me. This was supposed to be the journals of an entrepreneur in the making. Instead, here I am in the south of France goofing off. This contradiction is not lost on me, though. Day after day, I sweep the floors, do the laundry, cook meals, go shopping for groceries looking like a madwoman. In fact, it has dawned on me that self-esteem and domestic chores have a negative correlation for me.

July 14th here is like the July 4th in the US. When the sun finally sets in the west, we load into the Citroen and head to Cannes, where the rich and famous mingle with the others. The fireworks are short but very well choreographed, giving hope to all and sundry.

My friend sends an article that says it is important to know when you are doing nothing productive. Sitting at the computer making busy work for yourself instead of goofing off, gives one false illusions of being constructive. This is true. So, today, I embrace the fact that I am not doing much for my entrepreneurial aspirations until we pack up to return home. Instead, I spend the morning painting window frames and doing a few laps in the pool. In the afternoon, I pull out my favorite E.M. Delafield book and play a game of Scrabble with my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment