Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

It's a new year and a new decade, a new start with lots of "1"s in front. Despite the drizzle this morning of 1/1/11, I take a plunge in the pool for my first few laps of the year, and feel mighty proud. As I see the raindrops hit the surface from below, there is a sense of calm that surrounds me. This year is going to be a good one. I know this because everyone I meet says so. Attitude is everything. When everyone says it's going to be good, well... it's going to be good.

As we visit friends and neighbors this evening, I hear the best line of the year. I don't know if you know, but I live in Marin County which is rumored to be the richest county in America on a per capita basis. Tonight I learn that it has the highest APA in the country as well. I think hard, but cannot figure it out. So, I have to ask what an APA is. I should have known. APA = asshole per acre. Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment